Some Things to Keep In Mind
These interview tips are some common techniques to help you better prepare for the interview process. It is not intended to take the place of professional interview coaching.
Desert Dental Staffing works hard to connect you with the best match possible for your dream job.
- Find out what you can about the practice - number of employees, patients per day, location, etc. The more you know the better.
- Have a fresh copy of your resume with you. Be ready to expand on the statements in your resume using numbers and accomplishments.
- Rehearse your answers for common interview questions.
- Bring letters of reference, credential certificates, licenses, CE certificates of completion and other information that supports your resume and your abilities.
Present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Absolutely NO SCENT of perfume or tobacco of any kind.
- Business attire - no exceptions! If you have tattoos, cover them. If you have facial piercings, remove them.
- 5-10 minutes early for your appointment, unless otherwise instructed.
- Greet the receptionist warmly and professionally. This is your first impression.
During the interview:
- Stand up to greet your interviewer with a gentle handshake and a smile.
- Express yourself with impeccable manners but don't over do the politeness.
- Sit straight, yet comfortably. Make eye contact with the interviewer whenever you can.
- Maintain a good conversational style and think about your responses before answering. Listen without interrupting.
- Answer the questions with a focus on what you can do for the practice, not what you want from the job.
- Bring questions to ask of the interviewer.
- Politely ask the interviewer to hire you.
- After the interview, send a brief thank you note. Spell the name correctly.